Call Us: 1800 891 006
The New Arca Swiss Style Quick Release System
The new quick release system, compatible with Arca-Swiss plates, is being introduced in many of Gitzo’s heads, Traveler tripod kits, and accessories.
With the new system, the camera/plate can be snapped into the head from above, which is faster and easier than trying to slide it in from the side. When a Gitzo plate is used, the quick release system’s secondary safety pin will also engage to prevent camera equipment from falling accidentally from the head, even if the plate locking lever is not fully locked.
Gitzo’s D-profile (Arca-Swiss style) plates also features a new camera screw design; to make it as easy as possible to use. The screw can be tightened by hand, using a coin or with the supplied allen key.
The new hybrid system, featured in some models, fits both Arca-Swiss style plates and traditional Gitzo C-profile plates, making it especially useful for photographers who already own and use the C-profile plates as standard. To accept Gitzo C-profile plates, the adaptor is simply removed from the clamp.
Benefits of Gitzo’s quick release system
Easier and safer during set-up and changeovers
• Camera/plate can be snapped in from above • Safety pin prevents accidental falling (Gitzo plates only)
Convenient camera screw design
• The screw can be tightened by hand, coin, or allen key
Hybrid system (not in all models)
The New Mountaineer
Benefits of the new Mountaineer range
Stiffer legs and structure
• “Carbon eXact” contains High Modulus carbon fibre and has larger tube diameters • The top spider and column lock are redesigned for enhanced rigidity • New models are significantly stiffer than Gitzo predecessors and competitors
New Collection of Tripod Bags
The Gitzo Tripod Bags and Traveler Bags have been redesigned to fit the latest Gitzo tripod models including various tripod and head combinations. The bags also have improved comfort during carriage and handling. The new bags are made from rip-stop fabric, which is both softer to the touch and resistant against tearing and abrasion.
GC1101 and GC3101
• Ideal for Mountaineer tripods with standard photo heads • Cylindrical form • Detachable shoulder strap
GC4101 and GC5101
• Ideal for Systematic tripods • Asymmetric form with more space at one end in order to accommodate larger heads • Fixed shoulder strap
We have 342 guests and no members online
© Copyright 2014 Digital Camera Gear. All prices are in $AUD and include GST